6/6/13

Thank you

I was trying to figure out the most appropriate blog post to write before our trip begins this Sunday the 9th (!) but was having trouble coming up with something that I really wanted to say.

I'm sure it can be understood the swarming of moods - coming and going. I'm not sure what ready means. I'm not sure what life will be on bike. I'm not sure how we will move, meet, and greet. BUT - my excitement and energy beats on strong, sort of like how my heart was beating only yesterday morning in West Virginia as I was running 3 miles up a mountain road.

In all this change, wild preparation, and constant rumbling of tummy nerves, I have figured out what must be said.

THANK YOU.

This trip, even in thought and mind, is something special and I have my family -- the close and the extended, the blood and the non-blood -- to thank for their support, love, and push.
Is it complicated or is it simple?

Relax. Breathe.
Open your eyes. Close your eyes.
Take it in. Release. 

Things will come and go
and so

LET US GO! 

Here are a few pictures of the people and places that... actually, no words needed.
I love them.

Reigate - devotion and stewardship

Home - backbone and courage

Dad - teacher and hero. A speaker and listener

Mom - teacher and hero. A listener and speaker

Becky, Alex, and Tim - love, trust, and admiration


2 comments: