5/7/13

Ubuntu

I returned from a morning walk.
And I ask:
"How can I possible begin to embody and thank life for all that I see outside? How can I express it all?
The contrasting white- no purity!- flowers against the crisp, sharp, morning blue.
The deep dark well-like maroon color on rose-like buds with lime green leaves, new and soft.
The bell-shaped blossoms and champagne smells.
The way the wind bubbles through the new Quaking aspen leaves, tender, waving towards the sky!"

I feel a change. It seems like, along with the Inventure team, many people in our lives are embarking on new journeys, new chapters of life. And while I feel a sadness during this time, a longing to hold onto each moment never letting time pass, I am ready and I am humbled by all that is to come. To venture forth!!

This morning a dear friend of mine introduced me to another blog on which I discovered an African philosophy known as: Ubuntu. Ubuntu believes that no one of us exists in isolation. That we are all intertwined and interrelated and that when one of us suffers, we all do, and conversely when one of us succeeds, we all succeed. I believe Ubuntu.
And as summer approaches and we each blow to the wind, I take you all with me...I take Ubuntu with me.

~Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment