2/1/13

2 Great Goods


So, I've been trying to figure out what an "adventure" is.
Why do some of us seek to push our limits, enter our fear zone, leave our comforts, and do something completely scary and new?
Does it say something about what's missing in our day-to-day lives? Or is it something that just runs through our human blood, making us seek the unknown and take bold steps forward?

Anticipation of this summer's journey has been unusual. I've found myself in between two fantastic options, each one posing a very different outcome:
1) Go back to Windsor Mountain International summer camp: I've worked here for the past two summers, each summer has been life-changing. It's a place where I can give back, be surrounded by friends and family, grow, love, and feel deep joy and happiness.
2) Go on a bike trip across the United States: It's a terrifyingly incredible journey. It's been a dream of mine for a few years now. It offers no experience like I've known before and the chance to see more of the horizon I look out onto every day from Vermont. 

So you see the conundrum? It's a choice between two great goods and, though I am blessed for that, it hasn't been a simple decision process. But the bike is here...it's home now. His name is Pegasus. And it seems that we're heading out west. I'm glad you can join us.


No comments:

Post a Comment